Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Soil Test Results

Well i got a call from our administrator at Henley yesterday to give me our soil test resuts as she knew i was quite nervous about them. We have M class soil thank god but she said they did hit a tiny bit of rock right at the bottom which shouldn't be an issue as it is so deep but they may put a rock allowance in our contract. She also said we shouldn't need piering but will have to make our slabb approx 150mm thicker across the back of the house. So we will see the formal report and costing on the 13th but she said nothing jumped out to her as being too much of an issue.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah we had the same thing with out soil test. There was a small rock under one of the bore holes, so the added $4,000 of rock removal allowance and provision to our contract. I made sure I took photos every single day during the digging stage as I knew there would be no rock. I did not want them springing it on me at the end and not having any evidence to back it up.

    I've done that with a few things, including the $1,000 they put on for the OH & S support beams in the sewer hole at the back of the land. They never used the support beams like they were legally supposed to, so there is no way I'm letting them charge me for it. I have photos of the hole for the 2 days that it was open.

    Call me fussy.. pedantic.. but those three things alone are $5,000 that they may try to claim.

    ReplyDelete